Reader's Favorite

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Blood Trinity (Belador, #1) by: Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love BOOK REVIEW

Blood Trinity (Belador, #1)Blood Trinity
by Sherrilyn Kenyon

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I picked this book up on a trading website on a whim. It just looked good, nothing more than that, wasn't sure about it, and it has sat in my to read pile for almost a year because I have had other things that I was interested in or that about to read. Yesterday, I needed a read, nothing in the house and I looked at this book and I thought why not. Oh am I glad I picked it up!

First off, this is a paranormal, alternative life, society book in that the world is here but there are paranormal, or others living in it protecting the humans without them knowing about them. I know, the standard, true, but this is written in a different way, something that just made sense in a way and pulled you in and made you want to uncover that world and figure it out and be a part of it. I couldn't put the book down! Literally, it's 519 pages that I read in one day! It had that much pull!

Evalle (E-val) is the main character, she doesn't really fit the human world or the Belador world. The Belador's take care of the human world. Although Evalle fights for the Belador's and claims to be part of them, they don't trust her or claim her as part of them. She is only half Belador. We see small glimpses of her past, which help us to understand her trust issues, but there is so much of her past that we are still, even at the end of the book left wondering about. Her loyalty and true allegiances are seen.

A number of other characters enter this book that make it interesting and exciting and keep you guessing as to what is going to happen, who the good guys are and who the bad guys are and what is really going to happen.

The book ends on a cliffhanger of a note, which has me in a panic searching for the next book in the series to get my fix. This was such a good book and I felt for the characters and enjoyed the world in which they lived and this was written. I so want to go back.


View all my reviews

No comments: