Reader's Favorite

Sunday, September 4, 2016

A Summoner's Tale: The Vampire's Confessor (Order of the Black Swan, Book 3) by Victoria Danann

A Summoner's Tale: The Vampire's Confessor (Knights of Black Swan, #3)A Summoner's Tale: The Vampire's Confessor (Order of the Black Swan, Book 3)
by Victoria Danann


My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

A Summoner's Tale is the third installment in the Order of the Black Swan series, or Knights of Black Swan series by +Victoria Danann . I call it an installment, not a book, because to me it feels more like each book is part of the whole and that when the final book of KBS is published you will have a whole, large novel. That is just my take on it - but that is how it feels.

Each book begins where the last left off and builds from it - which means we have all the same characters in the books, but sometimes we see more or less of them in a certain book, and sometimes new characters pop in and some books give us more about certain characters than others.

This book is big on Bakka! And I do mean big! Bakka is in Edinburgh trying to get his Vampire Intervention off the ground, but he has no staff, and he feels helpless, not to mention that his assistant, Heaven, acts like she hates him. So we learn a lot about Bakka. We go back and see his human life, his vampire life, his return to conscience, and his turning himself into the Black Swan, and then his years in the tower. By the end of this book - if you have not cried, screamed, hurt, and begged for some sort of forgiveness for Bakka, then you have a cold, dead heart!

At the same time, Ram and Elora are off in the New Forrest, getting there last few weeks in before Helm's arrival and while Ram is working on the new house, Elora is working on becoming friends with a pack of wolves. Just the sort of thing she would do.

We also in this book for the first time, take a journey back to Elora's home world and see what happened once she went through the vortex and some new mysteries and secrets are opened up to us at that point in time.

Alesong Hawking comes into this book a bit more this time. She is slowly working her way into more and more time in the books, which is nice because she is a wonderful character that I enjoy seeing and I am looking forward to her future.

The next installment - Moonlight, I also found on Amazon for free the other day - so up to now I have only have to buy this one book, which is nice for my budget, but I am so in love with these books that it wouldn't matter! I am hooked!! Mind, body and spirit!!


The Knights of Black Swan VAMPIRE HUNTERS reading in order strongly recommended:

1.My Familiar Stranger (Black Swan 1)            My Review
2.The Witch's Dream (Black Swan 2)              My Review
3.A Summoner's Tale (Black Swan 3)              My Review
4.Moonlight(Black Swan 4)                            My Review
5.Gathering Storm (Black Swan 5)
6.A Tale of Two Kingdoms (Black Swan 6)
7.Solomon's Sieve (Black Swan 7)
8.Prince of Demons (Black Swan Novel)
9.Vampire Hunter (Black Swan 8)
10.Journey Man (Black Swan 9)

View all my reviews

No comments: