Reader's Favorite

Thursday, August 3, 2017

The Rebel by Alice Ward

The RebelThe Rebel 
by Alice Ward


My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Sean is an amazing motorcycle mechanic, barely making a living, but doing the best he can on his own, and for the most part feeling pretty good about himself. He's got some demons from his past, some owning to his family and some to his brief time in a motorcycle club.

Paisley is Sean's eight year old daughter, and on that he hasn't had contact with since his ex-wife took her away. Of course Sean hasn't always felt he deserved to be in Paisley's life given his entanglement with the motorcycle club, but he is determined to give his daughter everything he can from a distance. That is until the day that his ex-wife is killed in a car accident and he becomes a single parent overnight.

Enter Taylor, a marketing exec in his father's company, that has no idea his history, knows nothing about him, but knows that Sean is what the company needs to turn around its recent major downturn, and she is just determined enough to know that she may have to fight father, son and brother to get it, but she is sure this is the best thing.

This was a well written book and the characters had depth and development and I think it is a good book to read. For me personally, I had trouble with the way Sean seemed to hold onto his mistakes like a badge and push people away and think that no one would ever give him a decent chance at a real life or think that he could change. I just wanted to smack him a few times in the book and knock the chip off his shoulders. That is the only reason I lowered the stars on the book. Another reader may not have those kinds of issues with the characters.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I received an ARC copy of this book and asked if I would be willing to honestly review the book. I am always honest in my reviews, and while I think this was a good book, it wasn't one that I personally would be into reading because of my issues with the personalities.

View all my reviews

No comments: