Reader's Favorite

Monday, July 30, 2018

Deception Cove, Rainshadow Book 2 by Jayne Castle

Deception Cove (Rainshadow, #2; Ghost Hunters, #10)Deception Cove, Rainshadow Book 2by Jayne Castle

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Deception Cove is technically the third book in the Rainshadow Series, with Canyons of Night being the prequel and The Lost Night being the first book. Do you need to read them in order? NO. As always the books stand alone quite well but it is always more fun to read them in order. Do you need to have read any of Jayne Castle first? Well, no...but if you read Orchid, the very first book, then you have background and insight into the whole premise of Harmony being settled and why they are cut off from Earth.

Alice North has been disappearing and hiding all her life, as one of the few kids brought up in an orphanage, as family and marriage is extremely important on Harmony, she is different and a little weary of people. He first attempt at marriage found her husband trying to kill her for an inheritance she knew nothing about, now hes dead and her ex-mother-in-law blames Alice and is making her life a living hell.

Drake Sebastian is part of the Sebastian family, they own The Preserve on Rainshadow and along with his brother Harry, they have been trying to discover what is going on in the Preserve that is making life on Rainshadow almost unlivable. Drake knows that he needs Alice the minute he sees her.

Welcome to the world of Harmony, the future, para-senses are the norm and dust bunnies are sometimes pets and protectors. I love Jayne Castle's world of Harmony, I love Rainshadow, in fact it is an island I think I could live on and fit into well. What can I say but another awesome book. The story draws iyou in and the next thing you know you are done with the book and you wonder how that happened so fast!

I have been a fan of Jayne Castle's future world since the beginning and I continue to find things that I love in each book. I especially love that each character is a strong talent that other people think is dangerous, but when the couple is put together, their strong talents mix and bring out the best in each person making the team greater than the individuals. I love that concept and find it refreshing to continue seeing.

View all my reviews

No comments: