Reader's Favorite

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Review: Pepperoni Pizza Can Be Murder

Pepperoni Pizza Can Be Murder Pepperoni Pizza Can Be Murder by Chris Cavender
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Pepperoni Pizza Can Be Murder is the second book in the Pizza Lovers Cozy Mystery series, and although I wasn't crazy about the first book I tried the second.

Poor Eleanor, someone is found dead in her kitchen, and while she is suspected for a brief time, her best worker is ultimately the police's focus this book, and of course she has to step in.

Again I am hit with the police chief's refusal to do his job, I mean five minutes of police work - he didn't even realize the pizza came from somewhere else until Eleanor mentioned it. This stuff should have been common, it seems silly the way the police get focused on one person to the point they forget to investigate anything else.

I still can't get behind the character of Eleanor, I still think she is whiny and wallowing in her own life and refusing to move on and realize that she is young, alive and she needs to make the most of what she has in front of her.
I still don't like the police chief or his constant questioning of Eleanor, its almost like he is wanting to find something to blame on her so that he feels better about himself as a person.

Then there is my pet peeve - proofreading! OMG! On one page, the poor delivery boy goes from being Josh to Jason back to Josh again! Ugh!! Come on!! Names are on of those things that you just can't get wrong!!

Chris Cavender is a pen name for author Tim Myers - who has written a lot of cozy mysteries - some soap based, some candle based, even a minatures based series. Usually he develops characters so much better, I am just not happy with this series.

View all my reviews

No comments: