Reader's Favorite

Friday, August 3, 2018

While My Pretty One Knits (Black Sheep Knitting Mystery, Book 1) by Anne Canadeo

While My Pretty One Knits (Black Sheep Knitting Mysteries, #1)While My Pretty One Knits (Black Sheep Knitting Mystery, Book 1) 
by Anne Canadeo


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Aww, a cozy mystery. It's been so long since I have read one of these, but I got into the cozy mystery genre long before I started reading the paranormal - and so I know that it seems paranormal is all that has been on my reviews in a long time, it has - it is just what has come up, it seems to be a more popular genre than the cozy mystery at this point in time, so it just is more visable.

This book combines knitting and mystery! I love it. I am a novice knitter, meaning that I can do a basic stitch and make a blanket or scarf, or even a few other more complex items - but I can't read a pattern to save my life! So everything I knit is from my looking at something and trying to replicate it, no patterns, nothing like that.

The story also surrounds a small group of knitters that have become good friends and that meet at the shop and knit and talk, and I love that! What I wouldn't give to have a small group of people like that in my life that I could knit with and enjoy their company.

Rival yarn shop owner Amanda is murdered and of course Maggie, the owner of the shop is the top of the police list, when we all know that she didn't do it. Of course the group is set to figure it out themselves.

Normally in a cozy mystery I expected the yarn shop owner to take the lead in the story, but that wasn't the case in this book. Lucy the recently divorced and now unsure of herself graphic designer is the lead in the book, she is the one most of the conversations are from and it is her that takes the lead in figuring things out as to what really happened.

This was a great start to a series, and I hope to read more of it.

View all my reviews

No comments: