Reader's Favorite

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Avenger's Angel (A Novel of The Lost Angel's) by Heather Killough-Walden

Avenger's Angel (The Lost Angels, #1)Avenger's Angel (The Lost Angel's, book 1)
by Heather Killough-Walden


My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars


In the beginning of time, the Old Man had his four most favorites, and he created for them each a perfect woman, but because of the greed of others they were sent to Earth. The four left, and went to Earth to find them but it was not as easy as they had thought. Thousand's of years have past and they are still looking, never thinking they will find.

Uriel, the Avenger, is currently going by the name Christopher Daniels, and working as an actor. Why not? Although all the screaming fans have him rethinking his rash decision. He is on his way to a book signing in a small town, when a sudden storm appears, he didn't feel it coming, he always does. Something isn't right, he can feel it but he doesn't know what it is until he runs away from a hoard of screaming fans and hides in a women's restroom. Here he is caught by a woman and a small child, and he knows in an instant who she is - she is his one! His archess.

Now - I'm going to leave the story at that because if I tell you anymore it ruins it!! Just know that nothing is ever easy! Uriel can't just say, you're my one and only, and she fall into his arms and they ride off into the sunset. She can be stubborn and hardheaded. An added bonus here is there are other beings looking for her too, ones that Uriel knows nothing about, until it's almost too late.

This is an amazing book. We meet all four of the special ones, they have stayed together all these years, brothers. They are close and connected, even though the fall to Earth changed them. We also learn of Michael, Gabriel and Azrael. Of course, they didn't come alone, they were sent a guardian, Max; but on the other side some of the not so good guys who started this whole mess came down too. One of them is Samuel, and Samuel wants one of archess for himself.

This is the first book I have read by this author and I loved the way she wrote. I enjoyed the way it pulled me in and felt for Uriel, and the others, but I also understood Ellie, and I couldn't stop reading it all night! I'm ready to start book two.

View all my reviews

No comments: