Reader's Favorite

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Messenger's Angel by Heather Killough-Walden

Messenger's Angel (The Lost Angels, #2)Messenger's Angel (Lost Angels, Book 2) 
by Heather Killough-Walden


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Every since his brother Uriel had found his archess, things at the mansion had been a little rough for Gabriel. He needed to get away and find himself, so back to Scotland he went. He never strayed too far from her, this was where he felt most at home. He just never expected to look up from an ale in the pub and into the eyes of his archess.

Juliette was doing her thesis research in Scotland. She always felt connected to it, but never could figure out why, and then there were all the fuzzy dreams. The more she traveled, the more vivid the dreams had become, but she still didn't have a clue as to what they all meant. Trying to sleep in a little room above a pub, during a festival, in Scotland, was useless. Seeing the most gorgeous man ever in front of the fire, who locked onto her and kissed her like magic wasn't in the plans either.

Juliette has no idea she is an archesse, or even what they are, but she is about to learn and probably not in the best way possible. Between a rogue Adranan, Sam and Gabe, all coming at her from different directions, a girl is bound to be confused! At least there was Ellie to help just a little! Seeing another woman did make her feel slightly better, but given the story she first heard, she couldn't understand why Ellie was so happy. Of course that story just happened to come from non other than Sam, and no one knows what Sam has up his sleeve.

Now, that is all I am going to say about the story! I can't give much more or I give away the whole story and it is so exciting and full of romance and wonder, that you have to read it yourself. Gabe, with that highland accent, is really a big, softy, romantic at heart and he treats Jules like a porcelain doll, with such care and admiration. It is just amazing to read, because when they are in a fight or battle, Gabe is in the middle of the fighting getting wounded the most, so you never think he has a softer side.

I am finding that I enjoy the authors style of writing and storytelling. That I understand her, I can guess at parts of where she is going but I still miss some things and she catches me off guard. I got so caught up in the first book, Avenger's Angel that I immediately started on Messenger's Angel. Now I find myself having to finish this series! I MUST know it all!



View all my reviews

No comments: