Reader's Favorite

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Nelson Mandela - The Inspirational Life Story Of Nelson Mandela, The Best Of A Legendary South African Leader by Gregory Watson BOOK REVIEW

Nelson Mandela - The Inspirational Life Story Of Nelson Mandela, The Best Of A Legendary South African LeaderNelson Mandela - The Inspirational Life Story Of Nelson Mandela, The Best Of A Legendary South African Leader 
by Gregory Watson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As a parent and a teaching assistant, I am always looking for good and short biography books that I think will interest my kids. They also need to be about people who have done something inspirational, not just made a lot of money. I am so glad to have found this one. I think it is perfect for my advanced level 4th grade, and would be good up through high school.

We have all heard of Nelson Mandela, but maybe our children don't see the importance of him the way we did. This book takes you back and tells you of his life, from birth to death. The triumphs and trials, the joys and sorrows, and everything that went into making Nelson Mandela the man he was.You learn things that you might not have known before, the type of student he was and what motivated him to do the things he did.

This book is a great way to introduce a young, new generation of children to the legacy of Nelson Mandela and to see that they learn of his principals and commitments. To teach them what he stood for and to make sure that they know the importance of standing for something. Definitely one that I want in my library.

View all my reviews

No comments: