Reader's Favorite

Friday, January 3, 2014

Steve Jobs - The Inspirational Life Story Of Steve Jobs, The Fruit Company That Changed Our World by Gregory Watson BOOK REVIEW

Steve Jobs - The Inspirational Life Story Of Steve Jobs, The Fruit Company That Changed Our WorldSteve Jobs - The Inspirational Life Story Of Steve Jobs, The Fruit Company That Changed Our World
by Gregory Watson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My 4th grader is an advanced reader and one of the tasks that she is required to do each term is to read a biography and write about it. I have spent much time in the recent weeks, and downloaded a number of e-books in this vein for her studies. I always read them first, and I loved this one. My child is so into computers, and she did a biography last term on a Nintendo designer, so this fits her tastes wonderfully, but it also has some great points that all students need to learn.

Everyone thinks of the success that Steve Jobs had in this later years, but that was not always the case. He was a sometimes troublesome prankster in school. That is something that might get overlooked, but can be of great benefit to a number of students who love computers and have a natural ability with them, but have trouble in other areas of school. If Mr. Jobs can do it, so can they. I found the recurring theme of Steve Jobs life to be that he used his mind, continued to drive no matter what, and kept going. I think this is a great message for the youth of today.

This would make a great short read for an adult, but for students, this is a perfect biography book that they can understand and would motivate them to work harder in school. I look forward to seeing the report my daughter ends up writing on this book.

View all my reviews

No comments: