Reader's Favorite

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Roar! by Vanessa Kittle

Roar!Roar! 
by Vanessa Kittle

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This was an amazingly short novelle, and I call it that because it took les than a couple hours to read, but I was engaged in the story the whole time and wanting to read more, in fact I was disappointed when the story ended, I wanted more, it actually felt like the first third of a book.

The story starts with Iris, a young woman who has moved back home to take care of her ailing and aging parents. She doesn't seem to resent this but takes it as just part of life and something that is expected and she should do. She works as a librarian at a high school and is asked to chaperon prom with a teacher, which turns out to be a disaster. On her way home she runs into something.

Alternating chapters tell the story of space travelers that have a problem, leaving only one of a crew of three alive and 5 light years off course, but in earth's system and finding an inhabited planet. Although not sure how to proceed, he knows that he has to travel to earth to find supplies to fix his ship to travel home at all.

The book was cute and fun to read, but I really wanted to get so much more from this story. I just felt it ended too soon, which is why I only gave it three stars.

View all my reviews

No comments: