Reader's Favorite

Monday, June 5, 2017

Violca's Dragon by Leilani Love

Violca's Dragon (The Dragon Ruby #1)Violca's Dragon (The Dragon's Ruby, book 1)
by Leilani Love


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I accidentally started reading The Dragon Ruby series with book three, Kassandra's Wolf, and having enjoyed the book so much and wanting to know more about the characters in the book, I found the rest of the series that had been published so far.

Violca's Dragon is the first book in the series, and the beginning of the story. Violca is the Hungarian for Violet, which I found a neat connection to as my children are part Hungarian, their grandparents on both sides are first generation american born from full-blooded Hungarian immigrants. We always are looking at different Hungarian things because of this.

This story begins with Violca, still learning the nature of herself and her sisters, and Chase, a dragon shifter that was sent to protect her. Although once Chase sees her he is sure that she is the one in this world meant for him, his fated mate.

This was a great start to the series, introducing the witch sisters, who will show up in future books, as I found them in Kassandra's Wolf, as well as found mention of Kassandra in this book. I love when the books intertwine together, it just makes them so much more fun to read. I am so ready to start the next book!

View all my reviews

No comments: