Reader's Favorite

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Bad Blood (Crimson Moon #1) by L.A. Banks BOOK REVIEW

Bad Blood (Crimson Moon, #1)Bad Blood by L.A. Banks

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


So I was looking for something a little different, not your typical romance, or mystery or action story and I found this series. I don't know, but something about the cover and the teasers just made me go ahead and pick it up.



It's the Crimson Moon Series and book one is Bad Blood by L.A. Banks.

This is a werewolf, vampire and other supernatural beings book, interspersed with CIA and FBI and covert military objectives. To be honest this was back before the whole Vampire Diaries and True Blood even started.  This review is actually from many years ago, but I am moving it to the new blog, so I am updating it a bit. This was new stuff to be reading at that timed, cutting edge and it was good.

The two main characters in Book One are Sasha Trudeau and Max Hunter. There are the other members of Sasha's elite military team, and other members of Max's clan, but it centers around these two, finding hidden truths in their lives and coming together to defeat a common evil.

I really enjoyed the book. There were some specific things that happened that centered on the werewolf lore, and what was happening was explained so that you could picture it, but not over done so as you were bored. I really enjoyed the mix of everything that was dropped into the book.

Looking forward to starting book 2 later tonight!~

As you can tell, this is one of my first reviews, and I was still learning how to balance how to describe the story without giving too much of the plot away. I don't think I did a very good job of it in this review, but I think it would be worth your time to read this book now. Remember this was cutting edge, is was vampires before vampires were popular.

On a sad update, the author of the book passed away a few years ago. I think she finished the Crimson Moon series, but it is a sad loss because she was a talented writer and I really did enjoy her books.

View all my reviews

No comments: