Reader's Favorite

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Minion (Vampire Huntress Legend, #1) by L.A. Banks BOOK REVIEW

Minion (Vampire Huntress Legend, #1)Minion
by L.A. Banks

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Minion was the first book by L.A. Banks that I ever read. I bought it a couple of years ago, and then life got in the way of my having the time to read it and it got shelved away.
This was written long before the vampire and werewolf craze that Twilight and True Blood started. It was cutting edge back then.

After a visit with my sister-in-law, where she loaned me her collection of Sookie Stackhouse novels to read while we were there and on the drive home, I knew I wanted to read more in this type of genre. This being said, I am NOT a Twilight fan, couldn't stand the first book and never watched the movies, but I find some books to be better at this type of story.

So walking through the house, I rediscovered my copy of Minion and read it! I loved it! It was so hard to put down. I loved the references to good and evil, the backplots and the characters. It was such a good read.

I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series, although it was out at the library the day I went, and so I got started on L.A. Banks other series, a Crimson Moon, the first book being Bad Blood. Now I think I am going to have to finish this one before going back to the other.


This review was written many years agos, probably over ten years, and it was when I was first starting out at writing reviews, so I know it isn't the best. I moved it to the new blog because I think it is still a good story. It fits with the books that are being written today, yet it was written years ago, and I love the way the author writes.

Another reason I wanted to move it was because I found out that the author passed away a few years ago. I think she finished the Crimson Moon series and this series but I am not sure. I am going to work on getting that information. She was a great writer and it is a shame to lose her, so I wanted to feature her books again.


View all my reviews

No comments: