Reader's Favorite

Friday, November 15, 2013

Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2) by: Andrea Cremer BOOK REVIEW

Wolfsbane (Nightshade, #2)Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer
My Author Post
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wolfsbane is the follow-up book to Nightshade by Andrea Cremer. I couldn't wait to get my hand on this book, because if you read Nightshade, you know that we were left on a bit of a cliff. This book picks up on that cliff.

Calla awakens to find out that life as she knew it is over, and that everything she had ever thought was right was really wrong, that she has been lied to her entire life. The rules have changed and she has been on the wrong side the whole time. This is a big shock, and it takes awhile to sink in, but the first task is to rescue her pack and Ren.

Of course Shay is not all that happy about the Ren part, but he is for recusing all the others, and then Shay finds out all the things that he is going to have to do and what he has to be and it is a whirlwind.

When Calla returns to Vail with the Searchers to rescue the pack, you find some of the horrible things that happened the night her and Shay escaped. You also find out who is still loyal to Calla and the Nightshade and who has flipped over to the Banes.

This book is full of discovery, and fighting, and finding out who really is in your corner when it all comes down to it. I don't know what it is about the way it is written, but something pulls at me, and I just want to jump into the story and be friends with Ren and Calla and Shay.

This is so well written and the story flows so well that you will sit down to start reading and the next thing you know the book will be done. It is a great read. Again, since the main characters are 17-18 years old, it's marked young adult, but I think it is good for anyone. I even passed the series on to my 14 year old son, only because of the shape-shifters though but he is enjoying it.

View all my reviews

No comments: