Reader's Favorite

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Bite The Bullet (Crimson Moon, #2) by L.A. Banks BOOK REVIEW

Bite the Bullet (Crimson Moon, #2)Bite the Bullet by L.A. Banks

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Bite the Bullet is the second book in the Crimson Moon series by L.A. Banks.


I loved this book. What could I say, but it compelled me to finish it, I hated it when I had to put it down and actually do something around the house or cook, or whatever. It just pulled me through, there was never a good stopping place, I just kept wanting to read more and more. I could relate to Sasha's conflict between her miltary up-bringing and the shadow Clan way of life, bewteen the old world ways of the clan and the modern day, free thinking of today. I could relate to Max's desire to preserve everything old world and the old ways and the safe, honest envirnoment he thought he knew. I copuld relate to the tension between them, and the interaction with the others.


The story of Sasha, the miltary agent who found out in book one, she is werewolf, only of the shadow wolf variety continues, along with her helper, Max Hunter, a pure shadow wolf with a little infected werewolf DNA from an incident at birth. Near the end of the book, Shogun, that we met briefly in book one, who is the catalist that allows Sasha to learn the truth about herself, reappears, and hints at a bigger role in the next book, or at least it feels that way to me. Will have to get started on that thrid book to know for sure. There is also trouble from Sasha and Max from the get go, and it seems like it never gets resolved, which, given that there is another book, should only be common sense.


In this book, we get to see more of Woods and Fisher, from Sasha's miltary team, and Clarissa, Bradley and Williams that we only briefly met in book one, but that were in the lab at NORAD with the team all the time, they play a much bigger role in this book. And I for one, really hope that they continue to play a large role and that we get some more character development in the next book for them. I think that would be a fun side story to add in.


This book takes us to places, in the modern day world. We visit New Orleans not long after Katrina, yet the world is full of things that humans have no concept of, the myths and legends from childhood, well they are all real, live stories, they aren't fiction anymore. We travel with the Shadow wolf clan, we meet werewolve clans, we learn of Fae and Dragons, of Nymps and Sprites, of Vampires and everything else you have ever heard of, but never thought were real, they are real in this book.


This book differs greatly from the hoards of Vampire loving books on the market in the recent years. These Vampires remind me more of the LeStat version from Anne Rice, the old world, elgantly born, rich and snooty type that have no problem double-crossing anyone and everyone to get what they want. I loved it. The Vanpires were not made out to be the heros, the ones that have been wronged but we should embrace. In fact, all the Vamps in this book have a slightly French accent, and a haughty air about them, and for some reason I could just really see that. It seemed more natural to me to think of them this way, as back-stabbing, double-dealing, better-than-you type.


View all my reviews

No comments: