Reader's Favorite

Saturday, October 15, 2016

Penelope (Fairweather Sisters, book 1) by Anya Wylde

Penelope (Fairweather Sisters, #1)Penelope (Fairweather Sisters, book 1) 
by Anya Wylde


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Upon noticing my reads and reviews on Goodreads, I was contacted by the author, +Anya Wylde  wanting to know if I would be interested in reading and reviewing this book. Of course I was! I love reading and reviewing, and I am always honest in my reviews, no matter what.

Yesterday, I sat down with my Kindle App and read this book. Yes, I read it in one day! It was so funny and inviting that it had me bouncing along through the book, and I was done before I knew it. I went from laughing to crying to laughing again, and then the character was so relatable! I feel like I would be her if I was planted in that time period.

Penelope is a country girl, but her mother was good friends with the now Dowager Duchess and she has been invited for a season in London, but Penelope knows none of the finer points of the "social graces" of being in London, what to talk about or not talk about and such, and when she gets nervous she tends to ramble. Thus begins the tumbles and bumbles and trips and falls, and ultimate triumphs of her season in London.

The book is well written and keeps you interested, not too serious, not too light-hearted, but enough that you enough it and you keep reading and before you know you are done! I love it! I am so glad that I got the chance to read this one, and believe me, I will be going back to find more from this author.

View all my reviews

No comments: