Reader's Favorite

Sunday, September 4, 2016

My Familiar Stranger (Order of the Black Swan, Book One) by Victoria Danann

My Familiar Stranger (Knights of Black Swan, #1)My Familiar Stranger (Order of the Black Swan, Book One) 
by Victoria Danann


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So I was posting a review the other day and a recommendation link to another book came up on my page. It was for this book, My Familiar Stranger, and I was looking at it and thought it sounded pretty neat, then I noticed a post from the author that said the book was available for free on Amazon at the moment, and I thought, well that if the perfect reason to sample the book. OMG! I am so hooked on +Victoria Danann ! I even listed her next to Sherrilyn Kennyon (my absolute all-time, favorite author in the world)in my kindle!!

So the story starts in a lab, where a teacher/professor is throwing his best student through a spiralling vortex after her entire family has just been massacred. She is scared, frightened and in shock, and you are thinking, what is going on. The next thing you know we are someplace else completely, with a whole new set of characters and new storyline and in the back of your mind you know the girl is going to come into play at some point, but you are getting into these muscle-bound men in the new line, when POOF, she appears! Only she is in no condition to talk, the vortex was not kind to her or her body.

This book is an adventure in paranormal! We have other dimensions and worlds, then we have vampires, werewolves, elves, fae, witches and who knows what all else we will uncover as the books continue! Welcome to Black Swan. Black Swan is a covert organization formed hundreds of years ago to protect the human population from the paranormal in the world. At the time it was founded vampires were their main focus, but over time other paranormals were discovered and included. Black Swan recruited the "second sons", those sons that would not inherit in the patriarchal society, and that were "hard to handle". They were trained to deal with things most people never dream of encountering.

The Familiar Stranger gives you an overview into the history of Black Swan and how it began, not its not a stiff and boring lesson, it's told in a way that makes it interesting and exciting and you are engaged in the story and learning all you can about this secret society keeping the world safe. It really sets the stage for the whole series, introducing you to some main characters, giving you just enough information on them to get you interested in them and you are starting to become party of the story.

There are many layers of story going on in the book, all at the same time, and the author does a wonderful job of weaving them all together so that you can jump from one character to another and it's almost like real life in that you see this story evolving with this person in your life and a completely different thing happening at the same time with a different person in your life, but yet it is all going on at the same time. It was amazing!!


The Knights of Black Swan VAMPIRE HUNTERS reading in order strongly recommended:

1.My Familiar Stranger (Black Swan 1)            My Review
2.The Witch's Dream (Black Swan 2)              My Review
3.A Summoner's Tale (Black Swan 3)              My Review
4.Moonlight(Black Swan 4)                            My Review
5.Gathering Storm (Black Swan 5)
6.A Tale of Two Kingdoms (Black Swan 6)
7.Solomon's Sieve (Black Swan 7)
8.Prince of Demons (Black Swan Novel)
9.Vampire Hunter (Black Swan 8)
10.Journey Man (Black Swan 9)


View all my reviews

No comments: