Reader's Favorite

Monday, October 21, 2013

Alterant (Belador, #2) by: Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love BOOK REVIEW

Alterant (Belador, #2)Alterant
Belador, Book Two
by Sherrilyn Kenyon

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Alterant is the second book in Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love's combined efforts series Belador.

Ok, I'll come clean, I LOVED this book. I loved the first book. There was something about Tzader and Quinn and even Storm that just exudes sex appeal and raw manness right out of the book. I just was intrigued by them, captivated and couldn't put the books down. While I was waiting for this book to arrive, after reading the first, I read some more of Sherrilyn Kenyon's books, and how she makes the draw, the appeal and the grab of the male characters come across in writing is beyond me. I am not talking sex scenes, but just in the protection of a lady, the kindness, the way they talk and act. It is just amazing!

So back to the story, this book picks up right at the end of book one, Blood Trinity. Yes, book one ended in a cliff hanger, and normally I hate those, it just makes me so made, but in this one all I wanted was to get the next book and read it. This one again just kinda ends in the middle of the story, I mean some things are resolved but new things are opened and just as those are about to begin, the book ends. It has me clawing at the computer to get the next book!

Evalle is slowing learning that not all men are to be rejected. That the hurts of one man does not apply to the whole of mankind. Although being an Alterant puts her in a class below others, she still fights for truth and justice. And she just may have found that someone knows more about the Alterants and where they came from. It just might help her to understand, but as always, there is a catch. Can she trust someone who has betrayed her in the past.

Evalle isn't the only one to have their lives and futures played with. The Goddess Mecha is playing in a number of lives, including that of Tzader and Brinna. To be honest, there were times when I wanted to smack Mecha and tell her to butt out, but she is the Goddess so I guess she can do whatever she wants, but I find her a little hard to like after this book. It's just a little scary the way she thinks people should give up true happiness to do her bidding.

This book had a pronunciation key at the end of the book, which I loved!! Wished it had been in the first book, but I found that I was pronouncing things correct. The "evil" druids that are trying to take over are called the Medb, which if you know Gaelic is pronounced Maeve. That happens to be my daughter's name, so I had to tell her about her role in the book. As a family we always find it neat to see names we know in a book, and since my kids all have very traditional old Irish names, I never see them in a book. Sherrilyn Kenyon has changed that. She has included my daughter in this book, and in the League series, my son Tiernan is one of the characters! Wow! Now how often do you see that?!

This is a great book, a great series and even more a great author. I am looking forward to reading more of this series and more by this author.

View all my reviews

No comments: