Reader's Favorite

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling BOOK REVIEW

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Deathly Hallows is the seventh and final book in the series. This is the build up of all the books to this final confrontation and the final battle, only one person will survive, the world will go one of two ways.

There has been so much build up to this book over the life of the series, would it fulfill the build up or would it leave readers flat?

The book is good, I still felt part of the story and I still cheered for each person. I would encourage people to read the book for that reason alone.

The seventh book should be following Harry, Ron and Herminoe in their seventh and final year of school at Hogwarts, but to say that things are not that simple is an understatement. Voldermort is back and in moire power than ever, no matter what anyone says. It's not safe to go back to school this year, so they are on the run.

Secrets of the past are revealed that change perceptions and beliefs that they held for long times about people. Their loyalities and trusts are put to the test and in the end, the true test of friendship, honor, and good vs evil will play out in the most epic battle ever.

I'm not about to give away anymore than that, but know that it is worth the read, at least once if not multiple times. I have had a number of deep and theological conversations with my kids during and after they read this book. It has been a wonderful conversation starter and I thank the author for that.

View all my reviews

No comments: