Reader's Favorite

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing (James Potter, #1) by G Norman Lippert BOOK REVIEW

James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing (James Potter, #1)James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing by G. Norman Lippert
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I found this book by chance as I had just downloaded the Goodreads App to my new phone and I was searching ebooks available through it, this came up and since I had loved the original series I knew I had to try this.

This is a book written not by the original author of the Harry Potter series, J K Rowling, but by another author and it is written in a genre call fan fiction. This was new to me but apparently there are a great number of these type if books written. The other thing I learned was that the author of this book does not make any money on this book because the characters are registered to another author, but he still writes them for the fans who want them.

This book follows Harry and Ginny's first born, James in his first year at Hogwarts. James finds his own adventures at Hogwarts even without Voldemort around to cause havoc. James has to deal with his own fears and expectations. He is worried about living up to his fathers expectations although his parents put no pressure on him, he still feels like a failure when he doesn't make the Quidditch team,

This book is well written and a tribute to the original books. It deviates from the original making this more his own but that doesn't bother me. The connection between the characters of the original and this book are wonderful and really make you feel it all goes together. It was such a joy to return to Hogwarts.


View all my reviews

No comments: